As promised, here’s part in my 2018 year in review series.
- The Cardinals fired Mike Matheny after missing the post season in 2016 and 2017, and looking like the same was going to happen in 2018. His replacement, Mike Schildt, got the team turned around and playing better, but the hole was already too deep causing them to miss the post season for the 3rd straight year.
- We moved Lizzy to Illinois State University as she embarked on her next adventure as a full-time college student living away from home.
- Prospects and contracts at Frasca began to heat up prompting the start of a recruiting search for 1 additional software engineer. This process would drag into December.
- I finished my 26th year playing fantasy baseball – all in the same league. I had a shot at the title at one point, but fell apart in September finishing in 4th place (out of 10 teams).
- Comic book icon Stan Lee passed away.
- Sara and I got the joy of celebrating my work mama, June, and her milestone birthday on November 10.
- I spent 2 days around Thanksgiving in the hospital with the “stomach flu” (aka Norovirus). That stunk. 😦 😦 😦
- Lizzy came home for the semester break. It has been great having her home for most of December.
- The Cardinals traded for 1b Paul Goldschmidt from Arizona.
- We gathered for a family Christmas Eve with Sara’s side of the family.
- We visited my sister and her family the weekend after Christmas.
- I finished up 3 fantasy football seasons doing well in my work league, but not so much in my other two.
- My in-laws celebrated 60 years of marriage. Wow!!! What a testimony of God’s love and faithfulness.
And for a bonus…
Movies I Saw in the Theater in 2018 Ranked
- Avengers: Infinity War
- Solo: A Star Wars Story
- Black Panther
- Ant-Man and the Wasp
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
- Deadpool 2
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom